Saturday 14 November 2015

The mysteries of S120


 

A poetic reflects over my search for the S120 in the city of Jos as cadet officer some years back……..



















Written by Aguiyi Henry

In the city of stones, covered with the harsh cloud of smokes and cold weather, I saw it all

In the home of the Mountains, Plateaus and Rocks, I saw it first in my quest for the S120
 

In the land of tins, marble, Granites and kaolin, I saw it first

In the home of the savannah, plateaus and woodland, I saw it first

In the cosmopolitan city of Jos, I saw it first

In the shelling hills mountain school, I saw it first

It was near and farthest edges of the lamigo dam, I saw it first
 

It is great, it is massive, it is huge it is immense

It is tall, it is big, it is vast it is gigantic,

It is a mountain, it is a rock, and it is a stone

It is hidden in the jungle of Jos

It has no road leading to it

It has no sign post for directions
 

It can never seen by naked eyes of any advancing troopers

Nor knew by the people of the plateau whom lives around it

Yet it is inside the heart of Jos and the pride of the city

We the visiting troops of adventurers discovered it with our compass

 We climbed it to the top  
 

It is the highest mountain known by men in the city of Jos

On top of it was broadly written

It is called S120

No comments:

Post a Comment